Monday, April 7, 2008

Aston's first day of daycare

So I'm drying off from my shower this morning and notice that it's about 5 after 7. Naturally I'm thinking, "Great! I have plenty of time to get the kids ready and get everybody dropped off. And if things go well I'll even be early for work!" Boy was I wrong. Not that anything went badly - Brittney was an enormous help. It just took longer to get the dog fed, watered, and pottied, and to get Aston changed, dressed, and into his carseat.
I also had to make sure that Brittney brused her hair and teeth. I made her set the timer for the latter as she likes to rub a miniscule amount of toothpaste on her teeth and say that she's brushed them. "See, smell!", she says as she breathes in my face. Needless to say I won't fall for that one again.
Then to the car...all I have to say is God bless four dour vehicles. See, Aunt Lyn let me borrow her Camry (2-door) while my car is in the shop (which by the way Aunt Lyn, thank you very much). However, rear facing child seats and two door vehicles just don't mix so well. We finally managed it, and I think I dropped Brittney off at about 7:55 or so - only five minutes to spare. The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful after that. Aston was pretty sleepy so nothing really happened at daycare. I do have a picture of he and Brittney at the apartment right when we were finally ready to go. I'll post it later.
And after all was said and done, I got to work about half an hour after I normally do. I'm sure we'll get faster as the routine sets in, but I'd just like to say I don't know how mom's do it. Carrie, you're a much better juggler than I am.

No comments: