Hi All Cope Fans,
Here is an update on Mr. Aston. He went to the Dr. last Friday to get his 2 month shots. I have to say he did not enjoy it too much. Dr. Peak changed his formula to a already digested formula that is suppose to help with his constipation and gas. All was well until about Tuesday when he wasn't feeling too good. I got him into the Dr. on Wednesday. He has been congested and not eating normal. The Dr. said that because of his spit up through his nose and mouth it is causing irritation. She has prescribed Zantac for him to take twice a day for the next 2 months - at least. At his 4 month check up we will reevaluate his digestive and spit up issues to see if he can be taken off. He has only been on the Zantac for 2 days now so it is hard to say if it is working but I he has only spit up twice since - which is good. The Dr. also switched him back to the Similac Sensitive formula. We will see how his stomach handles it - if he gets constipated again. She said if he does then we might need to switch him to Good Day which has more whey protein and I guess is easier on their stomachs.
We are doing good other than that. He weighs 11.6 pounds and is 24.5 inches long.
Oh, and he is eating too much. She has asked that we keep him around 3 ounces per feeding instead of the 4 ounces he has been eating. She said he is probably eating more than he needs because it feels good on his sore throat.
That's all for now. We will keep you updated on how he is feeling.
4 comments:
He is such a cutie! I can't believe how much he has matured! Great idea on starting a blog for him.
Love,
Aunt Megan
He looks just like Jason is this picture. I love this idea about the blogging. Tytus had the same problem with the formula. I had him on Soy for a while and then when it got too expensive I switched to Good Start bc it has those comfort proteins. It worked like a charm. He would never keep the other formula's down and he was always constipated.
So he is doing better now with the GS and you havent had any problems?
way back 16 years ago, TJ had the same problem and Good Start was what he went to and had no problem! So that may be the way to go.
Good job Jason!!
Post a Comment